The NEOEA-Retired Organizing Committee promotes the welfare of retired members of the North Eastern Ohio Education Association (NEOEA) by identifying particular concerns of retired members as topics for training workshops and social opportunities, by serving as a link between northeastern Ohio retired members and those in other districts, and by fostering communication within OEA-Retired. Our goal is to provide you a resource to locate people and resources to assist you and keep you informed. Please consider volunteering to serve on one of our Sub-Committees. NEOEA-OEA-Retired members may use the Contact Us page to request log-in registration credentials for the NEOEA-Retired Member Only Page. We need your input to help the website evolve to better assist you. Submit your comments, questions, or contact updates on our Contact Us page.
Thank you to NEOEA-R member Adele Matias who attends and reports on the SERS Board activities. Here is the latest SERS Report:
OEA-R Delegate election results are in! See the OEA-R Delegates from NEOEA-R on our Delegates page.
The Ohio Education Association’s Division of Retired (OEA-Retired) is allocated a total of 44 delegates to the 2013-2014 OEA Representative Assemblies. The OEA-Retired Guidelines state that the following members of the OEA-Retired Advisory Council shall serve as automatic delegates by virtue of office.
Ballots to elect an additional 26 delegates were counted by members of the OEA-Retired Advisory Council on November 4, 2013. There were 2217 total ballots cast and of those, 2209 were valid and 8 were voided (voted for more than 26 candidates).
I was hoping to have a few ESP get-to-gathers this fall. I maybe can find a few retired ESP to help with this.
The Health Care Program Highlights Meeting can help guide you through the health care open-enrollment process. STRS Ohio representatives will provide information pertaining to health care plan options and features, prescription drug coverage and enrollment details. Questions will be answered at the meeting’s conclusion.
- Registration – Advance registration is required. One guest per member, please. Seating is limited and will be filled on a first come, first-seated basis. An online video of this presentation will be available in late October.
- Meetings will be held on each date at 10 a.m., 1 p.m. and 5 p.m. (unless otherwise indicated).
There are two ways to register for a Health Care Program Highlights meeting:
- You may register online beginning six weeks before the date of the workshop by logging into your Personal Account Information and clicking on “Schedule an Upcoming Meeting” under “Your Account and Benefits;” or
- You may register by phone beginning four weeks before the date of the workshop by calling STRS Ohio toll-free at 1-888-227-7877.
- Oct. 21, 2013; Oct. 22, 2013 (no 5 p.m. meeting)
- Courtyard Canton, 4375 Metro Cir. NW, North Canton, OH 44720
- Oct. 23, 2013; Oct. 24, 2013 (no 5 p.m. meeting)
- Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Akron/Fairlawn, 3150 West Market St., Akron, OH 44333
- Oct. 25, 2013, Nov. 1, 2013, Nov. 19, 2013 (no 5 p.m. meeting)
- State Teachers Retirement System of Ohio, 275 E. Broad St., Columbus, OH 43215-3771
- Oct. 28, 2013, Oct. 29, 2013 (no 5 p.m. meeting)
- Holiday Inn Cleveland-Strongsville, 15471 Royalton Rd., Strongsville, OH 44136
- Oct. 30, 2013
- Holiday Inn Cleveland-West (Westlake), 1100 Crocker Rd., Westlake, OH 44145
- Nov. 6, 2013
- Embassy Suites Cleveland – Beachwood, 3775 Park East Dr., Beachwood, OH 44122
- Nov. 7, 2013
- Holiday Inn Cleveland Northeast – Mentor, 7701 Reynolds Rd., Mentor, OH 44060
- Nov. 11, 2013, Nov. 12, 2013 (no 5 p.m. meeting)
- Youngstown-South (Boardman), 7410 South Ave. (Mckay Dr.), Boardman, OH 44512
SERS Open Enrollment and Changes to Health Care Coverage:
SERS Webinars: http://www.ohsers.org/open-enrollment-meetings
- Wednesday, Sept. 11, 2013, Time: 10-11 a.m. EST
- Friday, Sept. 27, 2013, Time: 10-11 a.m. EST
- Friday, Oct. 4, 2013, Time: 10-11 a.m. EST
- Monday, Oct. 7, 2013, 9 – 11 am, repeat 1 – 3 pm
- Strongsville Old Town Hall, 18825 Royalton Rd., Strongsville, OH 44136
- Tuesday, Oct. 8, 2013, 9 – 11 am, repeat 1 – 3 pm
- Holiday Inn -Independence, 6001 Rockside Rd., Cleveland, OH 44131
- Thursday, Oct. 10, 2013, 9 -11, repeat 1 – 3 pm
- Holiday Inn, 7410 South Ave., Boardman, OH 44512
- Friday, Oct., 11, 2013, 9 – 11 am, repeat 1 – 3 pm
- Lakeland Community College, Health Tech Building H, Room 101, 7700 Clocktower Dr., 7700 Clocktower Dr., Kirtland, OH 44094
- Wednesday, Oct. 23, 2013, 9 -11 am, repeat 1 – 3 pm
- Holiday Inn Canton, 4520 Everhard Rd., Canton, OH 44718
SAVE THE DATE! Wednesday, September 11, 2013
This drive-in conference will be held from 10:00 am to 3:00 pm at the STRS Building, 275 East Broad Street, Columbus.
Speakers include the OEA Officers, OEA Executive Director Larry Wicks, and OEA-R Staff Liaison Bill Otten. STRS and SERS Health Care Personnel will be invited to speak on health care issues/changes for 2014 followed by questions and answers. Other interesting and informational sessions including a Right-to-Work update are being planned for the afternoon. Free parking is provided at the STRS building. Your $15.00 registration fee covers the cost of lunch and materials for the sessions.
- REGISTRATION: 9:30 a.m.
- PROGRAM: 10:00 a.m.
- LUNCH: 12:15 p.m.
- CONCLUSION: 3:00 p.m.
Complete and return the registration form (below) with your $15.00 registration fee by September 1st in order to be eligible for door prizes. You will be notified by email once your payment is received. Mail your $15.00 check payable to OEA and send it along with the OEA-R Fall 2013 Membership Conference form. Questions – use our Contact Us page.
NEOEA Summer Leadership Goes All-Inclusive!
Whatever your summer plans, be sure to attend the all-inclusive 2013 NEOEA Summer Leadership Conference on July 24-25! NEOEA’s Summer Leadership Committee has worked tirelessly to make this the best conference ever, and we are excited that this year’s event will be held at the beautiful Bertram Inn and Conference Center in Aurora, Ohio. This is great news because everything will happen under one roof at one reasonable cost.
Centrally located for NEOEA members with promising technological capabilities for all, educators from northeastern Ohio will gather in a relaxed atmosphere for training and networking with other local association leaders and members. On Wednesday evening, join us for 5:00 dinner and then hear the keynote address followed by an evening reception. Join us on Thursday for your choice from 22 classes — everything for veterans to newbies.
Our “All Things Summer Leadership” page has all the details: http://www.neoea.org/SLC. Graduate credit is also available (register at http://www.cvent.com/d/zcqvjp). See you in July at The Bertram Inn and Conference Center! http://www.thebertraminn.com/
Download the SERS BOARD MEETING – APRIL 18, 2013 report.
Fight So-Called Right to Work.
For more information on So-Called Right to Work visit the ‘Right to Work’ is Wrong page on the OEA website.
So-Called Right to Work isn’t what it seems. It’s wrong for all workers and for the Middle Class.
Don’t let corporate interests fool you with the deceptive misnomer “right to work.” They’re hoping you never realize So-Called Right to Work means less freedom for workers, not more. So-Called Right to Work also threatens the safety of our working conditions by stifling workers’ freedom to point out potential safety issues on the job. Once again, greedy people are trying to tip the balance even more in their favor at the expense of the middle class and Ohio’s working families. We need to Protect Ohio Workers’ Rights.