OEA Retired appoints retired members to serve on the OEA Standing Committees.
Two vacancies now exist. Names of persons interested in being considered for appointment to the position of OEA-R Representative to the following committees are now being accepted.:
- Collective Bargaining and Member Advocacy Committee. This a three (3) year term which begins September 1, 2018 through July 14, 2021.
- The Collective Bargaining and Member Advocacy Committee shall be responsible for recommending to the OEA Board of Directors and other appropriate entities, the creation of OEA strategies that ensure the planning, implementation and assessment of a collective bargaining, contract enforcement and member protection and advocacy program that meets the needs of local affiliates.
- Organizing Strategy Committee. This a three (3) year term which begins September 1, 2018 through July 14, 2021.
- The Organizing Strategy Committee shall be responsible for recommending to the OEA Board of Directors and other appropriate entities, the creation of OEA strategies that ensure the planning, implementation and regular assessment of an internal and external organizing program that meets the needs of local affiliates and supports their development.
Please submit your name to the OEA-R Chair John Hoyes email@example.com with a copy to the Vice Chair Bill Sears at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than midnight Friday, May 4, 2018 indicating you wish to be considered for the appointment to this position. Please include a brief statement listing your qualifications and reason for wanting to serve OEA-R in this position. Final approval of a recommendation from OEA-R must be approved by the OEA Board of Directors.
Committee members are expected to attend all meetings, stay until the end, and fully participate. The duties of OEA-R Representatives to OEA Committees are:
- Serve as the OEA-R Representative to the OEA Committee;
- Attend all meetings of the OEA committee and shall represent the interests of the OEA-R; and,
- Submit written reports to the Advisory Council Secretary in a timely manner.
This committees meets two (2) times per fiscal year.