The NEOEA-Retired Organizing Committee established a Sub-Committee structure in an effort to involve more NEOEA Retired members and build a strong organization of NEOEA Retirees. Any NEOEA-R member who is also a member of OEA-R and NEA-R is eligible to serve.
The NEOEA-Retired Sub-Committees are:
- Involvement and Outreach – active with the OEA/NEA Read Across America program reading to children at schools and libraries and the OEA-Retired Intergenerational Mentoring Program pairing retired members with OSEA education students at local colleges.
- Conference – plan and conduct the NEOEA-R Spring Conference and workshops at the NEOEA MegaConference and the NEOEA Summer Leadership Conference.
- Political Action – candidate screenings and campaign work for the 2014 election. House District committees will form late this fall and begin training. An amendment to the OEA-FCPE C&B now provides a Retired seat on each House District Committee. Retirees must live in the House District they apply for or in an adjacent HD and be an OEA-FCPE contributor and OEA-R member.
- Retirement Issues – attends STRS, SERS, & PERS Retirement Board meetings and monitors their actions.
- Membership – promotes OEA-R/NEA-R membership. Volunteers are needed to contact/visit local associations in their area and offer to explain the Pre-Retired program to active members. The committee works to establish contact with local Retiree groups throughout NEOEA.
- Intra-Professional Action – an ad hoc committee to screen and endorse candidates for the OEA-Retired Advisory Council.
- Communications/Editorial Board – composed of the NEOEA-Retired Organizing Committee officers and the Newsletter/Web editor.
- Delegate Caucus – composed of elected OEA-R Delegates and Alternates, including NEA-R Delegates.
- NEOEA-R Subcommittee Roster 2018-2019
- NEOEA-Retired Sub-Committee Structure – 2012-04-12
- NEOEA Sub-Committee Mission & Action Statements – 2015-09-15
Current members of the Retired Organizing Committee and those retirees serving on other NEOEA Committees form the core of the sub-committees, however any NEOEA-R/OEA-R/NEA-R member can serve.
The time commitment is minimal. Much of the sub-committees’ work will be done online through email and postings on this website.
Your knowledge and Association experience are needed as we build a stronger NEOEA-R. Please consider volunteering to serve on one or more of the new sub-committees. We will attempt to accommodate all requests.