All Public Education Decisions are Political Decisions.
Lobby your Legislators; vote your Profession.
- Support Candidates that support Public Education:
- Ohio Ballot – Vote for Champions of Public Education — http://ohioballot.com/
Public education is subject to an increasing number of proposals which can be either beneficial or detrimental to Ohio’s children. These measures are prevalent in Columbus and in Washington, D.C. We need to be vigilant in promoting and protecting the interests of our members and the children.
Elected and appointed decision-makers affect the quality of your life. Every decision about every brick, every book, and education employee is made by persons elected to public office or appointed or hired by those persons. Educational decisions are political decisions.
Do you believe your voice should be heard? The OEA and NEA Cyber-Lobbying programs provide the vehicle to allow us to be heard effectively in Columbus and Washington. As we have seen, a chorus of voices is hard to ignore.
OEA & NEA Cyber-Lobbying
Cyber-Lobbying is the convenient member-friendly way to do your part advocating for issues that affect public education and your retirement. No prior legislative or political action experience is needed. Cyber-Lobbying provides instantaneous delivery of your position to your elected officials. Sign up on both the OEA and NEA sites below.
When an important state or national issue is being considered by the State Legislature or U.S. Congress you will receive an e-mail describing the issue and offering you the opportunity to compose an e-mail to your elected officials using a sample letter, suggested bullet points, and/or your own words. It is the fastest and easiest way to be involved and do your part.
- OEA Political Action – The main OEA page. “Create Account” or “Login” at the top of the page to view member-only material.
- OEA Activist to-Do List – Do your part to advocate for Children and Public Education
- OEA Legislative Watch – Learn about actions in the Ohio General Assembly
- Ohio Legislature – Look up Legislators, Schedules, Legislation, etc.
- OEA Cyber-Lobbying – Sign up for E-mail alerts on State Issues
- OEA Educator Lobby Days – Meet with your legislators
- OEA on the Issues – OEA legislative Policies and Issue Statements
- NEA Legislative Action Center – The main NEA page
- NEA Legislative Action Center/Take Action – State & National officials, Federal Issues
- NEA Social Security – Tools and resources you can use to fight for repeal of GPO/WEP
- NEA Cyber-Lobbying – Sign up for E-mail alerts on Federal Issues
- NEOEA Government Guide-2017 – Contact information for NE Ohio Legislators
- NEOEA Locals and House Districts – Listing of House Districts for each NEOEA Local
- NEOEA HD-SD Map
- The NEOEA Legislative Committee holds an annual Legislative Dinner in March. Members of the Ohio General Assembly are invited to meet with local leaders from all over northeastern Ohio.
- America Votes
- Education Votes – NEA
- Education Votes – NEA/OEA
- Join the Future
- Know Your Charter Schools
- Ohio Coalition for Equity & Adequacy
- Policy Matters Ohio
- We Are Ohio
- Cleveland Teachers Union
- Ohio Federation of Teachers
- American Federation of Teachers
- North Shore AFL-CIO Federation of Labor
- Ohio AFL-CIO